GREAT NETWORK ARCHITECTURE IS YOUR PASSION!
We are seeking a Senior Network Engineer - this person is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of our client's internal network, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments. They will provide expert technical assistance to team members with high-level system and networking request. This role will be responsible for design and development of project plans, budgets, and capacity/growth assessment while simultaneously developing timelines and resource requirements. Overall responsibilities include architecture, designing, implementing and supporting the network architecture and enterprise network solutions.
As a member of the Service Team, a Senior Network Engineer will drive and influence technology decisions, establish standards, create policies (used by both other technology teams and end users), and assisting in resolution of support issues requiring technical escalations; including, where required onsite and remote support to our clients who have critical response time requirements for their business technology systems.
Finally, this role will successfully demonstrate the skills required to secure and manage network infrastructures to protect productivity, mitigate threats, and reduce costs. We've outlined some of the position duties and proficiencies
- Planning: Conduct long term and short term planning to meet immediate and future network requirements
- Includes designing project plans, budgetary cost estimates, capacity/growth planning, accurate timelines, and resource requirements
- Network design: Create reference architectures as it relates to the LAN, WAN, and remote office locations
- Network monitoring: skilled at analyzing network activity and issues to discover, resolve, and implement resolutions to prevent systematic errors. Can recommend changes or enhancements to correct or improve network performance
- Network assessment: assess network performance to ensure it meets the current and future needs of the enterprise
- Capacity planning: analyze utilization trends and is able to forecast growth needs that can be accommodated within a normal budgeting process
- Disaster recovery/business continuity: designs test plans, redundant architectures, and disaster management strategies to ensure the least disruptions occur and reduce the impact of major outages
- Vendor management: Evaluates services provided by partners and vendors, and recommends changes as necessary
- Strong working familiarity and/or subject matter expert with routing/switching, firewalls, load balancers, wireless, VoIP and proxy technologies
- Gather and analyze requirements for multilayer network architectures and components
- Able to maintain project timelines and manage resource needs to ensure completion meets all required criteria
- Effectively communicates feasibility of deliverables and timelines of project work and support resolution to all stakeholders
- Able to provide training and mentoring to engineers and support teams
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Must be able to speak to nontechnical team members as effectively as highly technical team members. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, up to and including senior leadership
- Ability to act in the role of leadership in the absence of the team’s manager
Required Technical Proficiencies:
- Extensive Cisco data center, Core, Distribution, and Edge experience
- F5 experience, load balancing technologies
- Cisco firewall, voice, wireless experience
- SIEM experience
- IPS/IDS experience
- Multicast hands-on experience
- Network management, performance, and fault management (Cisco Prime or similar)
- TCP/IP, Multilayer Switching, Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP) QOS, metro Ethernet, PRI, SIP, MGCP, and MPLS experience
The challenges (...and opportunities) ahead for this Senior Network Engineer opportunity are exciting in that there are some real unique enterprise challenges ahead in which you can make place your stamp and make a mark. We encourage you to apply for the opportunity and we look forward to discussing with you.
- This position requires one of the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Healthcare, Business or Computer Science) with five (5) years of relevant experience, or
- An Associate’s Degree (preferably in Healthcare, Business or Computer Science) with seven (7) years of relevant experience, or
- Nine (9) or more years of relevant experience