Think that working in the IT department within the healthcare field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent healthcare to improve customers’ lives. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Senior Infrastructure Solutions Architect
Our client's IT team is looking for a highly qualified Windows Server Engineer to join the Infrastructure Services team. The primary responsibility of this role is researching, designing, certifying and implementation of Windows server technology components, solutions and capabilities; the technical development and mentorship of Junior and Mid level engineers; provide technology component support and problem resolution.
The person successful in this role will have a demonstrated background in designing, installing, administering and optimizing Microsoft Windows server based operating systems platform. Candidate must demonstrate strong understanding of the core windows operating system internals, services and skills to troubleshoot complex system, networking & security problems within the platform ecosystem. The candidate will have experience automating IT solutions for the purpose of zero touch implementations (i.e. scripting, packaging, etc.), experience with a system management tool, understand management of systems in distributed environments, familiarity with data security standards, have an analytical mind to be able to solve complex issues and enjoys evaluating new technologies. If you’re all that, then come join the team!
- Oversee and drive collaboration, and provide influence and authoritative advice to team IT architects, vendors, and business clients to ensure that the modified hardware and software technology components interact appropriately, data conversion impacts are considered, and other areas of impact are addressed and meet performance requirements.
- Develop methodologies to implement new and emerging hardware and software infrastructure.
- Oversee and review the research, analysis, selection, planning and engineering of Windows Server hardware and software components or enhancements.
- Oversee and provide direct guidance to ensure that plans integrate effectively with other enterprise (new or existing) hardware and software solutions.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance in project management, planning, task definition, estimating, reporting, and scheduling
- Ability to drive results and be a thought leader amongst peer group and engineering team.
- Develop methods to test, debug, support, and analyze performance, and document hardware and software technology components.
- Manage highly complex hardware and software technology analysis, evaluation on resource requirements necessary to maintain and/or expand service levels or tune hardware and software components for optimum performance.
- Develop and lead the implementation of technical strategies and solutions to maintain and/or expand service levels or tune hardware and software components for optimum performance.
- Oversee and provide direct guidance to ensure that plans integrate effectively with other aspects of the technical hardware and software.
- Resolve highly complex or critical incidents involving multiple enterprise services and components.
- Review, recommend, and approve major and significant changes for purposes of incident avoidance.
- Ability to manage projects and lead initiatives with minimal direction from beginning to end.
- Recommend areas where existing policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed.
- Must demonstrate strong understanding of the core windows operating system internals, Services and skills to troubleshoot complex system, networking & security problems within the platform ecosystem.
- Ability to work effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; 7+ years of Windows Server technology related experience (required)
- Minimum 5 years overall experience in technical roles
- Strong working knowledge with one of more scripting languages – PowerShell, Windows Command Script, Visual Basic Script
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with systems management tools such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Working knowledge of PCI and PII requirements or experience working in a highly regulated industry
- Experience with enterprise network management tools like Infoblox for DNS, DHCP and IP Address management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience automating IT solutions for the purpose of zero touch implementations (i.e. scripting, packaging, etc.), experience with server management tools (SCCM), understand management of systems in distributed environments, familiarity with data security standards, have an analytical mind to be able to solve complex issues and enjoys evaluating new technologies
Does this sound like you? We would love to hear about you, your work/life plan and how this might be the next best (and final) career opportunity. You can contact us today at (828) 676-6053 for further information.