Seeking Health Information Technology - HIT - Enterprise Expert Team Leader
NOTE: Extensive travel within the field is required. Candidate location preference is New York City; however, proximity near a major airport will work as well.
The Health Information Technology (HIT) Enterprise Specialist, Team Leader will be accountable for leading HIT Enterprise Health System efforts and will serve as the national leader for a team of Key Account Manager HIT specialists. The role must collaborate across a multi-stakeholder group, internally (corporate) and externally (the IDN key customers).
Customers are expecting engagement at the marketing, clinical, technology and healthcare intersection, it will be critical for the right candidate to ensure data and insights result in high impact customer facing content and communication that drives mutual results and supports organizational goals.
To accomplish this, the candidate will align across a highly matrixed team to develop and evolve HIT strategies, capabilities, tactics, approach and resources. This leader MUST have strong executive presence and impact, due to internal and external executive management role responsibilities. The role requires exceptional HIT functional and experience working across multiple therapeutic areas, strong business acumen, deep knowledge of the healthcare market and evolving trends (EHR, technology, quality and HIT), strong collaboration skills, cross-functional skills, EHR implementation experience, client / customer facing experience, and team leadership and has exemplified a culture of compliance to date.
Consolidation and vertical integration among Leading Health Systems (LHSs) highlight the importance of integrated care delivery and population health in a progressively challenging market. As a result, Leading Health Systems are increasingly seeking strategic partnerships that require enterprise capabilities and executive sponsorship. This HIT Enterprise Specialist, Team Lead will be charged to lead our client's Leading Health System customer HIT efforts and lead a team of HIT Specialists over six regions of the country aligned to Internal Medicine Key Account Management.
Enterprise Team Leadership
The position will develop and execute an LHS HIT roadmap for the our customer to identify, confirm and take advantage of prioritized opportunities, enabling innovative approach mutually aligning LHS and our customer's enterprise HIT capabilities and needs. Areas of priority will generate value for patients, LHS’s and shareholders. The position will be tasked to work as an HIT Specialist to align across Business Units, cross-functionally and with the core enterprise team to research, develop, manage, and evaluate multiple in-market engagements and projects designed to test and identify:
HIT Internal Medicine Team Leadership
- New models for and evolution of care delivery, enabling patient identification, access and activation
- New ways to demonstrate population health outcomes improvement, enabling our customer to better understand and impact patient care approach across the complete product lifecycle.
- New ways to engage with LHS stakeholders based on LHS need and / or LHS expertise.
- Examples may include, but will not be limited to artificial intelligence, specialty pharma, real world data, telemedicine / reaching populations in rural areas, and digital innovation.
- Cross-functional collaboration will be critical as the lead may engage at times on initiatives, such as clinical trial innovation, evolution of care pathway design, predictive analytics, and social determinants that will primarily executed by our customer's medical or research colleagues.
Subject Matter Expertise And Cross Functional Partnership
- Provide HIT strategic direction, oversight and development for the personnel in the HIT functions, which includes 6 full time employees (FTEs) aligned to Internal Medicine Key Account Manager (KAM) regions and business needs
- Lead Internal Medicine efforts and the Internal Medicine aligned HIT team to deliver innovative customer solutions that support standardized clinical integration and drive the targeted portfolio’s performance from a brand, leadership and market growth perspective
- Ensure seamless leadership, alignment and partnership with needed Internal Medicine cross-functional stakeholders (e.g., medical and legal) during development and execution of efforts
- Ensure HIT strategies, tactics and approach align with defined team goals (Internal Medicine KAM, marketing, medical etc)
- Maximize performance, customer engagement, and execution by coaching and developing self and direct reports to maximize customer impact
- Lead the team to define needs (i.e. training, resources), uncover insights and develop strategies and tactics in a consultative way aligned with defined objectives;
- Engage customers and effectively model desired skills and behaviors to ensure appropriate situational coaching
- Create an innovative and engaging work environment, providing clear direction, prioritization, guidance and feedback to the team
- Set challenging performance objectives, provide performance coaching and demonstrate interest and support of employee's career aspirations
Basic Qualifications, Preferred Qualifications
- Function as an internal and external HIT functional subject matter authority with experience across multiple therapeutic areas, supporting both Enterprise and Internal Medicine Account Management goals and teams
- In partnership with Marketing, Medical, Enterprise and KAM leadership, provide subject matter expertise and support to develop and implement product life cycle expansion HIT strategies aligned to customer needs, with key focus on prioritized assets in development to ensure launch readiness
- Support HIT business development activities through environmental analysis including sharing insights of customer drivers and barriers for our customer and their competitors
- Collaborate with our customer's stakeholders and external industry and government thought leaders to monitor, support and shape key HIT efforts that align to the organized customer channel
- 15+ years of HIT Functional experience
- HIT certifications required
- Clinical advanced degree with experience across multiple therapeutic areas and/or clinical experience
- Demonstrated ability to partner with medical and/or clinical stakeholders to advance innovative HIT solutions
- Direct experience working with or within a leading health system to define, evolve and deliver HIT functional and clinical strategy and population health approach
- Customer / client facing experience
- Understanding of trends in healthcare and aware of knowledge of US healthcare dynamics, with a deep understanding of HIT insights relative to such dynamics
- Ability to influence key stakeholders at senior levels internally and externally (C-Suite LHS Executive, Presidents, BU & Medical Leaders, Department leaders, and Functional counterparts).
- Demonstration of strong strategic thinking skills, as evidenced by the ability to identify alternative scenarios, resulting implications, and development of pragmatic recommendations for direction or action
- Expertise on innovative LHS care delivery models, value based agreements and how HIT solutions and approach drive and enable each
- Experience deploying innovative tools and cutting edge HIT technologies targeting population health optimization
- Track record developing technology and data partnerships that unlock value
- Ability to understand and translate market and competitive dynamics into strategic implications for Pfizer's business through the lens of HIT
- Understanding of HIT and overall LHS population health focused project management, experimentation and pilot processes, with ability to demonstrate impact and drive rapid, fact-based decision making based on results
- Ability to network and build partnerships/collaborations with external parties, often at senior levels of customers and partner organizations
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization and lead with indirect authority
- Strong written and verbal communication influencing skills to address Leadership, and external audiences
Our candidate will work for a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry. The total compensation plan; including salary, bonus and long term incentive valuations should bring an A-player in the neighborhood of $350K. If you want to help revolutionize the way in which healthcare is performed in the U.S. and the role technology and pharma can play - we’d love to talk with you about this very unique opportunity. Apply today!