About our Client
Our customer, the largest privately owned VAR in the Southeast, serves a vast number of key account customers located up and down the Eastern coast - ranging from Virginia to Florida and everywhere in between. Key verticals include education, government, healthcare, legal and ancillary private enterprises.
Customer service offerings include:
- Managed Services
- Enterprise Networking
- Data Center Services
- Hosted Voice (CloudVoice)
- Classroom Solutions
- Unified Communications & Collaboration
- Physical Security
- Structured Cabling
- Office 365
- Computing & Storage
- Email Security & Archiving
Travel is very light...while working out of corporate headquarters in Greenville SC.
About the Opportunity
This role performs two key functions which include ticket resolution on issues that are beyond the Level I ability to resolve or require changes and are part of the outage incident response team. These two roles are key to providing excellent customer support and maximizing network and systems uptime. These support functions range from Windows Servers, applications, hypervisors, storage devices, network devices, end-user support, cloud computing, or any number of daily issues. The engineers need to provide world class customer service while documenting, resolving, and tracking time spent on support and incident response items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing escalated support and solving tickets that Tier I cannot solve in a timely manner.
- Support will include remote troubleshooting with clients, phone conversations with end users, and onsite visits as required.
- Create, Update, Respond to, Resolve, and Close ticket requests either via email or phone while keeping the client fully updated on the ticket.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting, documenting, and updating KB articles with solutions performed.
- Recognize and escalate difficult technical issues to appropriate senior resources.
- Respond to email and phone with professional and timely responses.
- Provide world class customer service while helping customers.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and proactive support for Managed Services clients.
- Advanced understanding of Windows Server, including AD Administration and supporting services such as DNS, DHCP, PowerShell Scripting, File Servers and ability to troubleshoot and correct problems
- Experience with Windows Server based applications like Exchange, SQL Server Administration, SCCM, ADFS
- Experience with O365 support and configuration
- Experience with Cloud Computing Platforms like Azure and AWS
- Experience with VMware, HyperV or other Virtualization layers
- Experience with SAN/NAS devices
- Expert with Microsoft Windows 10 desktop issues
- Troubleshooting skills with network devices including firewalls, routers, switches, load-balancers, and telecommunication devices
- Experience with Backups and Disaster Recovery/Avoidance
- Exceptional communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and technologies
- Experience and familiarity with monitoring tools
Desired Education OR Technical Certifications (1 or more)
- BS – Information Technology/BS – Computer Science
- Microsoft MCSA/MCSE 2016
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP
- CompTIA A+, Security+, Net+
- VMWare VCP/VCAP
- ITIL Foundation
- AWS/Azure Certifications