The Audio-Visual Solutions Consultant will be part of the design team providing Audio Visual consultations and design for customer and the Sales Team, prior to handover to the Operations Team. He/she will work closely with our sales team to help provide detailed and accurate scope of works, bill of material, labor hours and design, whilst ensuring the appropriate handover procedures are followed.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Understand clients’ requests, manage their expectation, and convert client criteria into functional audio/video system designs.
- Conduct site survey and gather relevant information from clients in order to come up with workable and efficient/cost effective AV system design or solution.
- Generate AV Flow Diagrams using Microsoft Visio and/or CAD. Develop cost estimates, Rack configuration and Bill Of Material (BOM) from simple to broad complexity.
- Review pre-construction design and documentation. Determine appropriate furniture which will serve Audio Visual System. Studying electromechanical, interior design, furniture drawings to check if AV requirements are considered.
- Be able to write a description of the system functionality to be incorporated in a sales proposal. Develop conceptual block diagrams for use in sales proposals. • Prepare technical submittals as well as providing detailed scopes of work.
- Prepare system design, the corresponding bill of material and labor needs to complete the solution for sales staff to develop a quotation.
- Plan rack layouts using best practices guidelines as well as practical considerations. Floor plan diagrams locating floor box(s), AV junction box, A/C power, voice/data, microphone, AV rack, speaker and AV signal cable locations and requirements.
- Develop projection studies including proper lens requirements for system displays. Interface with operations team to supply clarity regarding what is to be delivered to customers post sale.
- Support Project Manager in the successful delivery of all projects. Coordinate with all team members to have the final system design.
- Coordinating with other trades within projects to study and solve project conflicts and issues. • Working with design CAD Schematics, ensuring systems are installed and working at optimum levels and to client expectations.
- Fault finding systems and resolve issues associated with design and manufacture.
- Complete Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) at client’s site which includes final adjustment of system prior to handover to client.
- Provide user-training to end client. • Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure technical knowledge is gained to successfully deliver projects.
- At least 2 years’ experience designing commercial audio, video and lighting systems is required.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, administrative accuracy and good follow-up skills.
- Work independently - Effective interaction with employees, customers and colleagues.
- Availability to work outside of normal scheduled work hours and travel as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully handle multiple tasks / projects with minimum directions.
- Research new products to remain current on technology solutions.
- Decision making skills.
- Have the ability to finish tasks before deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and customer service skills.
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Lateral thinking to problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to describe project and product deliverables in a manner that is understandable to both developers and customers.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting alongside Sales professionals.
- Strong liaison and negotiation skills with client, AV vendors and contractors.
- Able to prioritize and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- An up to date understanding of the AV marketplace including products and trends.
- Ability to understand project schedule and plans.
- Good understanding of IT and networks.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word, CAD / Visio experience for the production of detailed schematic to company standards.
- Ability to drive/operate a vehicle.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and to handle other office equipment.
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy equipment (up to 50 pounds).
- Ability to climb ladder, scaffolding or transported by lifts.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities daily/weekly/monthly may occur for short periods of time in a seasonal temperature-fluctuating environment.
OUR CUSTOMER EXPECTS EXCELLECE FROM THEIR EMPLOYEES. THIS MEANS THEY OFFER A DRUG-FREE AND SAFE WORKING ENVIRONMENT. ALL EMPLOYEES MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD CHECK, AND A DRUG TEST. THESE CHECKS ARE REPEATED ANNUALLY.