The I.S. Security Engineer works for the IS Director of Information Security to aid in delivering secure solutions for our client. Information Security Engineer must have experience with information security technologies, policies, and procedures as a foundation for this engineer position. Information Security Engineer will also be required to perform additional information security duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (minimum needed to begin in the job):
- The I.S. Security Engineer must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in computing, networking, application, and information security technology.
- The I.S. Security Engineer must have a basic understanding of design, implementation and operational experience with security technologies that includes, but is not limited to, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, Log Analysis, SIEM, Network Behavior Analysis tools, Antivirus, Identity Management and governance technologies, SSO and Federation technologies, RBAC and fine grained access control strategies, web application authentication processes, Network Packet Analyzers and basic malware analysis.
- The I.S. Security Engineer must have a fundamental understanding of Networks, TCP/IP and other routing/switching protocols, load balancers, PKI/SSL/TLS, related security architectures, and remote access security techniques and products.
- The I.S. Security Engineer must have a fundamental understanding of Windows and Linux Server administration and securing operating systems, virtualization technology, Active Directory Group Policy, and intermediate scripting ability.
- The I.S. Engineer must be able to troubleshoot.
- The I.S. Engineer must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- The I.S. Security Engineer must have a BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent work experience. At the end of the day, the experience trumps the degree.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with IBM Resilient
- Versed in SOAR
- Experience with Tenable Security Center
- Scripting using Python
- The I.S. Security Engineer should have some knowledge of regulatory compliance including, but not limited to, HIPAA, HITECH, NIST, PCI-DSS.
- The I.S. Security Engineer should have one or more security certifications (to get the higher pay range of this opportunity) that includes, but not limited to CISSP, GSEC, GIAC, CEH, GISP, or other related information security certifications. Any candidate that has any of these certifications will be given preference.
View public job page